Last modified: 1/12/2022
Collecting Your Personal Data
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Website (“Log Data”). This Log Data we collect from you may include:
- Personal information, which includes your name, postal address, email, date of birth, phone number, email, or other information that identifies you as a natural person (“PII”, collectively with Log Data, your “Personal Data”);
- Information on a medical marijuana patient card or as additionally required for the entrance to one of our stores and/or purchase of our products, which includes medical identification card information and/or a valid form of identification such as a driver’s license, passport, or other government issued identification;
- Information about your purchases, including preferences, type of product, quantity, frequency, etc.;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, which includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our online Website, making orders for products, or requesting further services;
- Information you provide to us when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or through third-party service providers and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- Financial account information, such as debit/credit card details, if you purchase our products;
- Your search queries on the Website; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
Additionally, Log Data may also include browsing information such as your device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique identification, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or when you access the Website by or through a mobile device.
In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this type of information in order to increase the Website’s functionality. These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Cookies or Browser Cookies. To improve our Website, we use “cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content and appropriate advertising and to store your preferences on your computer. Cookies are small text files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Most web browsers accept cookies automatically. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept, disable, or notify you when receiving a new cookie. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Website and we recommend that you leave them turned on.There are two types of cookies – session and persistent. Session cookies are sent to your browser from a website and are deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies retain information for later use until the cookie is set to expire. Persistent cookies are tools used to simplify the process of recording information on the Website. We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary/Essential Cookies: Session cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to some of the Website’s features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies Policy/Notice Acceptance Cookies: Persistent cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies: Persistent cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences each time you use the Website.
- Necessary/Essential Cookies: Session cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Citizen, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying the system and server integrity).
Use of Your Personal Data
Citizen may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website, including to monitor the usage of our Website.
- To manage Your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the Website. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Website that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Website.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation. You may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link, the instructions provided in any email we send, or by sending such request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may employ third-party companies and individuals to organize and run our Website, to provide the services on our behalf, to perform web-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. These third parties have access to your PII. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf and to perform services necessary to operate the Website. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use any PII collected for any other purpose and they will only use your PII in accordance with applicable law.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Citizen assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: When you share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: We may disclose your Personal Data for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention, Transfer, and Deletion of Your Personal Data
Citizen will also retain Log Data for internal analysis purposes. Log Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your information is processed at Citizen’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
You have the right to delete or request that we assist in deleting your Personal Data that we have collected about you.
Our Website may give you the ability to delete certain information about you from within the Website.
You may update, amend, or delete your information at any time by signing in to your account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage your Personal Data. You may also contact us to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us.
Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, Citizen may be required to disclose your PII if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
Citizen may disclose your PII in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Citizen
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Do Not Track Disclosure
We may not support Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Notice Regarding Medical Advice
THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL OR OTHER LICENSED PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. THE WEBSITE MATERIALS, SUCH AS TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, AND INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIS WEBSITE ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
Although we do our best to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of PII is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Other Websites
We do not endorse or sponsor other any third-party websites. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access the Website. The Website is not aimed or intended for children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use the Website. If Citizen discovers that a person under the age of 18 has provided Citizen with any PII, Citizen will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such persons PII from its systems.
No one under age 18 may provide any information to or via our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. The Website supports and complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and other applicable laws. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information though the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit Civil Code Section § 1798.83.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section §1798.83) permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: The Citizen, 1055 Home Ave, Akron, OH 44310.
5152 Grove Avenue
Lorain, Ohio 44055
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
4891-7293-9592, v. 1